Cost of The Iraq War to Sacramento
The war in Iraq through FY 2007 has cost taxpayers in Sacramento $620.5M.
For the same amount of money, the following could have been provided in Sacramento:
- 255,371 People with Health Care for One Year OR
- 1,105,497 Homes with Renewable Electricity for One Year OR
- 11,085 Public Safety Officers for One year OR
- 8,765 Music and Arts Teachers for One Year OR
- 93,245 Scholarships for University Students for One Year OR
- 62 New Elementary Schools OR
- 1,857 Affordable Housing Units OR
- 231,931 Children with Health Care for One Year OR
- 74,217 Head Start Places for Children for One Year OR
- 8,911 Elementary School Teachers for One Year OR
- 7,837 Port Container Inspectors for One year
Would you be willing to trade one of the items above for the war in Iraq?
It's your tax money, you are the decider. Know the facts when you vote and vote for the candidate that most reflects your values and will spend your tax dollars in that way you deem best for your community.
The Sacramento Executive
Source: National Priorities Project